Latest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Appeals court rules most Trump tariffs ‘Illegal’, US President says “all tariffs are still in effect” – World News Network
Share
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Follow US
Copyright © 2014-2023 Ruby Theme Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > World > Appeals court rules most Trump tariffs ‘Illegal’, US President says “all tariffs are still in effect” – World News Network
World

Appeals court rules most Trump tariffs ‘Illegal’, US President says “all tariffs are still in effect” – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork By worldnewsnetwork Last updated: August 30, 2025 5 Min Read
SHARE

Washington [US], August 30 (ANI): As one of the federal appeal courts in the US ruled that most of tariffs imposed by Trump administration are not accordance with the laws, US President Donald Trump on Friday (local time) affirmed that all tariffs imposed on the countries will remain in effect, calling a recent ruling by a “highly Partisan Appeals Court” incorrect. .
“ALL TARIFFS ARE STILL IN EFFECT! Today a Highly Partisan Appeals Court incorrectly said that our Tariffs should be removed, but they know the United States of America will win in the end. If these Tariffs ever went away, it would be a total disaster for the Country. It would make us financially weak, and we have to be strong,” Trump said.
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/115114339832960282
The remarks of the US President came after a federal appeals court ruled that the International Emergency Economic Powers Act does not authorise a president to impose tariffs like the ones Trump used the law for earlier this year, the Federal Circuit said in an unsigned opinion upholding a lower-court ruling against Trump’s tariffs, CNN reported.
The judges noted that Trump’s unprecedented tariffs are an overstep of his power because the ability to impose taxes, including tariffs, is “a core Congressional power” that the Constitution grants to the legislative branch, as per CNN.
The US President warned that the country would no longer tolerate large trade deficits or unfair tariffs and non-tariff trade barriers imposed by other nations.
“If allowed to stand, this Decision would literally destroy the United States of America,” he added.
Ahead of the Labor Day weekend, Trump emphasised the importance of tariffs in supporting American workers and companies. “We should all remember that TARIFFS are the best tool to help our Workers, and support Companies that produce great MADE IN AMERICA products.”
Trump criticised past administrations for allowing tariffs to be used against the US. “For many years, Tariffs were allowed to be used against us by our uncaring and unwise Politicians. Now, with the help of the United States Supreme Court, we will use them to the benefit of our Nation, and Make America Rich, Strong, and Powerful Again! Thank you for your attention to this matter,” he concluded.
Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent had earlier indicated in June that tariff negotiations with the United States’ trading partners could conclude by Labor Day, though the legal uncertainty now complicates that timeline, CNN reported.
The White House defended the president’s actions on Friday. Spokesperson Kush Desai said, “President Trump lawfully exercised the tariff powers granted to him by Congress to defend our national and economic security from foreign threats. The President’s tariffs remain in effect, and we look forward to ultimate victory on this matter.”
On April 2, President Donald Trump announced a sweeping set of new tariffs targeting around sixty countries or trade blocs with significant trade deficits with the United States–marking the largest U.S. tariff hike in almost 100 years. He called the occasion “Liberation Day”.
Meanwhile, a recent report by American multinational investment bank and financial services company Jefferies stated that the steep 50 per cent tariffs imposed by the United States on Indian goods are largely a result of President Donald Trump’s “personal pique” at not being allowed to mediate in the India-Pakistan conflict.
The report said the American president had reportedly hoped to intervene following the four-day military conflict between the two countries in May.
It stated “tariffs are primarily the consequence of the American president’s “personal pique” that he was not allowed to play a role in seeking to end the long running acrimony between India and Pakistan”.India has consistently maintained that it does not accept third-party intervention in its conflicts with Pakistan.
Another sticking point is agriculture. The report highlighted that no Indian government, including the current one, is willing to open up the agriculture sector to imports because of the severe consequences it would have on millions of people.
Nearly 250 million farmers and related labourers depend on agriculture for their livelihoods, with the sector accounting for nearly 40 per cent of India’s workforce, the report noted. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Previous Article “Insult to mandate of the people of country”: Jagdambika Pal over “abuses” hurled against PM Modi – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
PinterestPin
InstagramFollow

Subscribe Now

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

[mc4wp_form]
Most Popular
J-K LG Manoj Sinha expresses “anguish” over deaths due to cloudbursts, landslides in Ramban, Reasi – World News Network
August 30, 2025
J-K: Vaishno Devi Yatra remains suspended following landslides in Katra – World News Network
August 30, 2025
“BJP scared of Yatra, NDA has become very uneasy”: Tejashwi Yadav – World News Network
August 30, 2025
Himachal Pradesh: Manimahesh Yatra suspended amid heavy rain, landslide – World News Network
August 30, 2025
J-K: 4 killed, one missing after cloudburst hits Ramban district; rescue ops underway – World News Network
August 30, 2025

You Might Also Like

India, Japan working together to bolster critical minerals supply chains – World News Network

3 Min Read

Japan’s PM travels with PM Modi in bullet train from Tokyo to Sendai – World News Network

3 Min Read

“First positive signal that a thaw has indeed happened”: Former diplomat Vikas Swarup on India-Canada naming envoys – World News Network

0 Min Read

India, Bangladesh destined to work together: South Asia expert Sreeradha Datta – World News Network

11 Min Read
Latest World News Update
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?